Day 18: Writing Challenge– 30 Facts About Yourself
Already overthinking this one as I am sure it is meant to be simple, and fun!
- I love to sing. Don’t look for me on the next American Idol. I am probably not that good. However, I like to think I am when I sing.
- I whistle when I am doing chores. Not because I think I am Snow White commanding birds, and forest animals. Even though that would be cool. It became a habit sticking with me after dad passed away. Reminding me of him, he whistled a lot.
- I like to clean. When I am stressed, it calms me. Weird I know, but I stress clean.
- I have a hard time sticking to a set schedule. I hate doing the same thing all the time. It’s nice to switch things up when life becomes monotonous.
- I was the first one to pass my driver’s test (out of my group of friends). The first one to parallel park that day. You wouldn’t know it later by looking at my first car. She was banged up a bit.
- I don’t drink. I don’t think it’s fun. It doesn’t make me feel good. It makes me sick, and I don’t like the taste. Blah!
- I am French on my father’s side. My ancestors came over on the boat. Fighting in wars. Made their home here. I took three years of French in school, and remember some of it. Now I am trying to teach my kids. We know how to count. How to say some phrases–like “Hello!” It is fun!
- I love to read. When I can find time. Anymore I rather read than watch a movie.
- Games and DVD’s are alphabetized. Makes them easier to find. I might be a little OCD about it.
- I don’t care about being in style. I buy whatever I feel like buying, and throw it together. I have my own style. It is called, “I don’t care what anyone else thinks.”
- I am organized with some things. Other things, I am not. I put things in that magical “safe place.” I might find it later. Maybe not. My e-mail folder. Yikes– 1,200 messages.
- I hate cooking. I never learned how. Touching raw stuff freaks me out, then I am sanitizing all the counters, and the sinks. I know this isn’t normal. Ha!
- I love baking. Have been told I am an “awesome baker,” I inherited it from my Nanny. I can make a pretty mean pie. Cookies. Brownies. I am getting hungry now.. Nom Nom Nom.
- I am not a fan of fast food. Upset stomach. But I have never met a french fry I didn’t like.
- I don’t call other people bad words often. Hearing my husband do it annoys me. It isn’t I don’t think they are acting bad enough to be called those things, it just sounds harsh. If they are acting bad enough to annoy you in such a way, why bother with them? How can you solve the problem without letting it bother you on such a level?
- I like helping people. If I can, I will help others. I think we all can help each other somehow. Whether it’s a kind word. A smile. It’s the littlest things that make another person’s day.
- I am a good listener. I often try helping people with their problems, and offer advice. If they ask. I am not going to butt in. Unless it is family, and then I will butt in. My brothers can be total boneheads!
- I hate bulling. I think it is awful to watch children suffer at the hands of their classmates. Some schools are putting polices in place to thwart bullying while others stand by, and watch– doing nothing.
- I love Psychology. Studied it in college. Fell in love.
- I hate musicals. But I love music.
- I am socially awkward. It is uncomfortable being around people you don’t know. However, once I know someone I find it easy to make people laugh.
- I would love to travel. My soul longs for places I have never visited.
- I love history. I find history interesting. Always have. I look around and wonder who was here before me, and what motivated their actions. I look at the roads, and wonder who walked them before me. I feel connected when learning about them.
- I have a hard time sitting still. Focus!
- I have allergies. My allergies have allergies. I am allergic to my dog. But I love him regardless. He is too cute not to love!
- I believe everything happens for a reason. Even if we may not know why.
- Best days of my life was when I became a mother, and got married.
- My husband and I met three times before we ever considered each other romantically. We met as children. His mother is friends with my sister so she brought him to our house with his sisters. I didn’t like him so I stole all his guys on Super Mario Bros. Again, when I dated his best friend in high school. I didn’t like him then either. Then, we randomly crossed paths after I had my son. Our first date didn’t happen for another two years.
- I love quotes. If we want to become wise and learn anything, I believe we should consider the words of those before us. Those on the same paths.
- I have a disease no one can pronounce. I don’t let it hold me back. I don’t use it as a crutch. I take the bad with the good, and I live! I might have it, but it will never have me!
An hour later, I am done! That wasn’t so bad!
I tried NOT to state the obvious– I love poetry, coffee, and hate Mondays, as that can found from poking around the site. .